So.

Greetings and welcome to SARs, Shojoworld's Anime Reviews. I'm a big fan of acronyms, and this one is really fun because if you google it there was an illness called "Severe Acute Respirtatory Syndrome." The singular version has some fun ones two, like "Specific Absobtion Rate" are just a few things that come up. I won't ruin them all for you.

Anyway, my name's Meroko and I run a site dedicated to shojo. This little blog is where I like to rant about whatever I'm watching, wheter this actually helps you pick something to watch?

That'd be a nice bonus.

Feedback? Comment or email shojoworld@sbcglobal.net. I'll reply, because I don't have a life.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kimi Ni Todoke - Followup Review


Warning: Manga Spoilers Afoot! (besides the obvious anime ones)

Well, when I first wrote about these series however long ago I had much praise for it. And my feelings on it, I can happily say, have not changed.

Theres nothing original or life shattering about the plot. Popular boy falls for unpopular girl, which causes controversy around the high school. Miscommunication, I feel, is the main enemy to the characters, such as with Chiziru and Ayane thinking Sawako spread the rumors only because she wasn't clear at all on what she was apologizing for.

So what makes this series so special? The heart. It's seemingly impossible to NOT care about Sawako. You feel for her as she is schemed against by Kurumi, but then you even find yourself feeling for Kirimi little. Every character feels real.

Well this isn't fun, I have nothing negative or funny to say.
From what I've been able to tell, the anime stays very true to the manga adaption, which is something I think fans can definitely appreciate nowadays. Like most shojo series, the looming problem is whether the anime will continue, because where it has stopped is not even close to an ending point. In the manga, Sawako and Kazehaya start an official relationship, and we meet the character of Muira who I would really like to see. And the manga is still ongoing!
I can only hope this anime does not meet the premature deaths popular series such as Fruits Basket and Ouran High School Host Club have.
Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment