So.

Greetings and welcome to SARs, Shojoworld's Anime Reviews. I'm a big fan of acronyms, and this one is really fun because if you google it there was an illness called "Severe Acute Respirtatory Syndrome." The singular version has some fun ones two, like "Specific Absobtion Rate" are just a few things that come up. I won't ruin them all for you.

Anyway, my name's Meroko and I run a site dedicated to shojo. This little blog is where I like to rant about whatever I'm watching, wheter this actually helps you pick something to watch?

That'd be a nice bonus.

Feedback? Comment or email shojoworld@sbcglobal.net. I'll reply, because I don't have a life.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

First Review: Kanon 2006, episode 1



Kanon Episode 1


Hey everyone it's Meroko!

I have always thought it would be quite fun to do one of those anime review blogs I've seen out there that go episode-by-episode...
so here I am, reliazing that dream through this blog for my website ShojoWorld.com. WOO.

For my first review I picked an anime I've been meaning to get to watching for awhile: Kanon 2006. I think Key's games feature wonderful art, and I am a huge fan of Clannad. I think I may have watched the first episode awhile back? But forgot to continue.

Anyway,as I began it felt very much as I expected it to in the way of a Key title. The opening was pretty and quiet, and I found it intersting that right after the opening we saw a dream, as Clannad did for many episodes as a running theme...I of course do not now if this will be a theme in this anime as well. Towards the end I gathered that it'd be more of a memory theme.

I spent a bit of time obsessing over the fact that I thought the voice actor from Yuuchi sounded like Tomoya from Clannad (seems I am obsessed), but it turned out I was wrong...however I had heard him before, as Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya! Awesome. I knew it was familar!

Nayuki was likable enough. I thought her face was funny when she was going after the fox. Kitagawa reminded me of Sunohara...oh yet another Clannad comparision? Promise I'm done now. And then again, this series did come first, soI should probably shut up.

I liked the collosion with Yuuichi and Ayu, the snapshot way they animated it was humorous. But her saying Uguu so much might get annoying if they over use it, I've never been a fan of that, but as of now it's not bothering me. I thought it was cute when she kept turning to look for the wings.

I loved all of Nayuki's alarms! First off, they were all really cool looking, and I to have used multiple alarms, but not even close to that many...I espeically loved the pink cat one, and the tree one since it stuck me as so random. And when she gave him te pink one I was like YEAH! ROCK ON! What was that weird machine in the corner when Yuuichi went to sleep I wonder?



Score:
Since is the first episode, I really can't say for most of these catergories as of now, but will be able to later.
Art (only mentioned for first episode): 8/10 (It is Key, but a bit older, so I can't really give it a 9 or 10. Still very pretty though.
Plot Development: 8/10 (well since is the first episode it obviously moves the plot)
My Personal Intrest: 8/10
Believability (weird plot holes, uncharacterstic actions): 8/10
Overall: A very solid 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment