So.

Greetings and welcome to SARs, Shojoworld's Anime Reviews. I'm a big fan of acronyms, and this one is really fun because if you google it there was an illness called "Severe Acute Respirtatory Syndrome." The singular version has some fun ones two, like "Specific Absobtion Rate" are just a few things that come up. I won't ruin them all for you.

Anyway, my name's Meroko and I run a site dedicated to shojo. This little blog is where I like to rant about whatever I'm watching, wheter this actually helps you pick something to watch?

That'd be a nice bonus.

Feedback? Comment or email shojoworld@sbcglobal.net. I'll reply, because I don't have a life.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Review #2- Itazura Na Kiss episode 1

(I thought this pic was lol)




Greetings and welcome back (if someone's reading this anyway). Darn it are there are no emoticons? I just done staring at the toolbar...unforunately mind manipulation appears to not be helping her. Ah well.

So for my second review I chose Itazura Na Kiss, which is an anime I had heard about on Anime Pulse, a podcast I listen to, and thought sounded interesting. It's not a widely well-known series to my knowledge, so I'll talk briefly about the plot...basically our main character here, Kotoko Aihara, is not very bright and is a student of Class F. She begins to develop a crush however for Naoki Irie of Class A, and decides to confess. However he brutally rejects her...to make matters worse, when Kotoko's house needs to be worked on, they end up moving in to the Ire house!

Okay, Ire is definately a jerk. He was pissing me off as this episode began, and while Kinnouske may be slightly annoying I didn't see why Kotoko didn't at least try going out with him. But of course, it's possible she may just have no feelings for him....and it's probably somewhat his fault the house ended up breaking down. But when Ire said "I hate stupid girls."...Now that's just cruel.

I was glad Kotoko at least attempted to stick up for herself after Irie attempted to donate to Kin's cause for Kotoko....of course since it appears Irie already knew she was going to be staying there, I guess it didn't do much good. Irie's mom kinda creeps me out....with the whole going to school, taking a picture of her, and running away thing? But she seemed nice enoough....She's obviously living her dream of having a daughter through Kotoko, as she statesa about how she always wanted one.

Irie's little brother was just as rude as his older counterpart, insulting Kotoko the way he was. Come on Ire, be a better example. Maybe he wouldn't act that way.

One thing I wondered: was that house really mansions size or was that just Kotoko's impression? Because it was definately bigger then the house she had been in, but I think I can recall bigger houses in anime....but we only saw the outside for a brieft moment so then again I don't know.

Rating:
Art: 7/10 (It's based off an old manga, and it's not horible or anything, just nothing that pretty).
Plot Development: 8/10 (first episode, so obviously there was development)
My Personal Intrest: 9/10 (20 minutes went by quickly)
Believability: 7/10 (a bit convienant, but it has to be have a story, so I wasn't sure what to rate)
Overall: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment